Summer Squash & Sweet Onions with Recipe
- You get 2 lbs each of our yellow and zucchini squash, and candy sweet onions.
- This delectable recipe of all natural squash pulled fresh daily and sweet 'candy' onions needs only a little virgin olive oil, salt, garlic, and pepper. It is absolutely delicious and perfect for any summer meal.
- We offer only the most tender of yellow summer squash and zucchini,. These summer squashes have high water and fiber content, loaded with vitamin C and manganese. Real health food.
- Sweet 'Candy' Onions from Organic Mountain Farms are different because they really are sweet. One of our 7 varieties are available year around.
- Your satisfaction with this product are 100% guaranteed.
- Delicious, but with all the nutrition nature intended.
Mom Mom's special recipe:
2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
onions, cut into 1/4" slices
zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4" slices
yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4" slices
1/2 teaspoon Organic Granulated Garlic
1/4 cup of Organic Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Organic Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Organic Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Organic Sweet basil
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onions for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the yellow squash and zucchini, and cook for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally. Add the garlic, sugar, sea salt, pepper and basil. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.